Friends!!

Sunday morning and this article....While reading, I wondered whether Friendships comes with an expiry date? Is there nothing as such called as eternal friendship.

Hmmm...lemme go back and see my own sets of friends...I have travelled to loads of places and lost and found loads of friends. Some I lost, because we moved ( changed the city, school, or the job) and became too lazy to write or talk to each other. And then they all got settled and got tied up with their family affairs. And we moved on all got our new sets of friends.

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.
by Samuel Johnson

With a couple of friends, I had fall outs because of some reasons and we simply parted ways. It was the best thing to do, I guess because neither of us were willing to accept their faults nor forgive each other. Friendships leave a bitter taste and do have an expiry Tag!! But thankfully, I have come across only with a few of them.

Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone - but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming.
by William Hazlitt

But there are some friends with whom when you part, you feel hurt and lost. And you long to get back with such friends. Friendship shouldn't come with an expiry date!

The tender friendships one gives up, on parting, leave their bite on the heart, but also a curious feeling of a treasure somewhere buried.
~Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

I am blessed to have good friends who though are long-distanced are there for me whenever I need them. We chat for long hours online, have those telephonic conversations from discussing the fallen leave outside my window to the latest movie and how to cook.... Few of my friends, I bump into them once a year or maybe even longer, but we seem to catch up quickly on whats happening in our respective lives from where we left. :D No questions asked as to why I didn't call or missed wishing on her engagement or his baby's birthday or getting a promotion.

Now for the best part, I just received an invite from my old college friend. We had lost touch of each other and she found me in one of the networking sites. :D

Wow me looking forward to catching up with her. CYA all and like good friends do keep dropping and leaving your valuable comments. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The second husband - Louise Candlish

# 06 FF

TT # 33