Sunny Day
It was a wonderful Sunday :D Me got a chance to visit NDA Yippee!! For all those who don't know only a privileged few can visit the place and also get the royal treatment as we did :D
We a group of 10 (my classmates from B-school) bundled into 2 cars reached NDA around 11ish. (Although had planned to reach much earlier and .... better me not tell all what happened - the usual delays, last minute cancellations, last minute joiners...)
On with what we did at NDA. Now a little bit about the place, NDA is located at Khadakvasla, picturesque location occupying somewhere close to 8000 acres of land! Imagine the huge place. All green and silent settled far away from the hustle bustle of the city but replete with all the amenities - a complete self-sustained township.
I wont be giving too much details about the buildings or places but will restrict to what we did. I would have loved to describe the buildings there but I am not too sure whether I can. If you want you can visit and read from here
We visited our dear friend's home first. (He was the one, because of whom we could have the special fun and that's why the "dear" :D). Chatted for a while and hogged some great snacks. Yum!!
And then bundled again but this time in 3 cars along with his wife and kids (He has 2 gals and both of them are very sweet but the little one is very tweet - cant help it little one has the advantage of being the youngest and gets to hog the limelight :D)
My friends were all very excited to see peacocks!! :D (Why me surprised coz me have stayed in a bungalow in a small town, had a beautiful garden, with swings for myself, peacocks, hoo poe, wood peckers...and other feathery friends were frequent visitors and the non so friendly ones also - scorpions, snakes... as occasional visitors and whenever I visit such places, like NDA, it makes me nostalgic). Anyways we did see monkeys, peacocks as part of our wildlife sightings.
We visited the peacock bay and had this thrilling boat trip. Its the same place where the National Sailing Championships are held. We went around in the RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boats - if I can recall it correctly! Please excuse its my old age :( ) It was fun though!!
We watched a special screening of the NDA film, 'The Standard Bearers' by Dipti Bhalla and Kunal Verma. Amazing movie giving us an insight into the cadet life and the Institution as a whole. It was wonderfully shot and presented. There was this one humorous piece which I would love to share:
A cadet visits a doctor. He shows his thumb and says to the doc "I cannot move my thumb like this towards the right, left, bottom (all the while moving his thumb)" The doc with a surprised look says "...but you are doing that right now! " "No sir, says the cadet, this is my right hand, I am talking about the left hand!" :D
Watching the cadet undergo the grueling physical trainings along with the academics, makes one salute them. One cant help but feel proud of them. Jai Hind!!
We then visited the cafe for lunch. Here we met another friend of ours. He too has 2 daughters and they are amazingly cute. The younger one is just 7 months old! We had a nice lunch - yummy food, ended with ice creams and cold drinks.
After that wonderful day, we all bade adieu to NDA and our friends and traveled back home.
Me cursing the day when I broke my camera :( Anyways others have taken a pic and me might share a few of them. :D
We a group of 10 (my classmates from B-school) bundled into 2 cars reached NDA around 11ish. (Although had planned to reach much earlier and .... better me not tell all what happened - the usual delays, last minute cancellations, last minute joiners...)
On with what we did at NDA. Now a little bit about the place, NDA is located at Khadakvasla, picturesque location occupying somewhere close to 8000 acres of land! Imagine the huge place. All green and silent settled far away from the hustle bustle of the city but replete with all the amenities - a complete self-sustained township.
I wont be giving too much details about the buildings or places but will restrict to what we did. I would have loved to describe the buildings there but I am not too sure whether I can. If you want you can visit and read from here
We visited our dear friend's home first. (He was the one, because of whom we could have the special fun and that's why the "dear" :D). Chatted for a while and hogged some great snacks. Yum!!
And then bundled again but this time in 3 cars along with his wife and kids (He has 2 gals and both of them are very sweet but the little one is very tweet - cant help it little one has the advantage of being the youngest and gets to hog the limelight :D)
My friends were all very excited to see peacocks!! :D (Why me surprised coz me have stayed in a bungalow in a small town, had a beautiful garden, with swings for myself, peacocks, hoo poe, wood peckers...and other feathery friends were frequent visitors and the non so friendly ones also - scorpions, snakes... as occasional visitors and whenever I visit such places, like NDA, it makes me nostalgic). Anyways we did see monkeys, peacocks as part of our wildlife sightings.
We visited the peacock bay and had this thrilling boat trip. Its the same place where the National Sailing Championships are held. We went around in the RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boats - if I can recall it correctly! Please excuse its my old age :( ) It was fun though!!
We watched a special screening of the NDA film, 'The Standard Bearers' by Dipti Bhalla and Kunal Verma. Amazing movie giving us an insight into the cadet life and the Institution as a whole. It was wonderfully shot and presented. There was this one humorous piece which I would love to share:
A cadet visits a doctor. He shows his thumb and says to the doc "I cannot move my thumb like this towards the right, left, bottom (all the while moving his thumb)" The doc with a surprised look says "...but you are doing that right now! " "No sir, says the cadet, this is my right hand, I am talking about the left hand!" :D
Watching the cadet undergo the grueling physical trainings along with the academics, makes one salute them. One cant help but feel proud of them. Jai Hind!!
We then visited the cafe for lunch. Here we met another friend of ours. He too has 2 daughters and they are amazingly cute. The younger one is just 7 months old! We had a nice lunch - yummy food, ended with ice creams and cold drinks.
After that wonderful day, we all bade adieu to NDA and our friends and traveled back home.
Me cursing the day when I broke my camera :( Anyways others have taken a pic and me might share a few of them. :D
Comments