Phew!!! Volition I say!!!
Ok today's prof, if you remember I prefer calling him Mr. Bookie and he is simply ultimate....I have already shared a few things about him, but today I spent a lot of time studying him :) I cant help it attendance is mandatory and sleeping in class is not permitted - talking about torture...so today I sat through his class...actually I have been doing the same for all his classes...(Pls dont tell him that:D)
He is 64 year old...thats what I was told...but he looks no more than 50!! He is so active that he walks to our class right on dot 6:44 PM and takes the marker and writes the name of the topic of discussion on the white board and off he starts at 6:45 PM. When he speaks, we can actually see the nerves of his neck....they stretch...maybe its the laryngeal nerves that are visible...every time he opens his mouth the nerves stretch and out comes his voice and then sometimes he ends his sentence - mostly facts with a grin sometimes "U" and sometimes as "inverted u" ...and then he takes this pauses with his eyes rolled up striking his favorite akimbo pose and with a slight shake of his head -A Kodak Moments should I say...these poses last for barely a few seconds and then he starts off rattling words and terms and words and all... Oh how can I forget his frown with his forehead having those wrinkled lines...
I dont mean any disrespect to him but he is simply amazing...the amount of volition he has....he has surpassed his self transcendental stage....dont ask me what all these words mean....these are being taught to us....I dont remember if I had shared this about him...a few colleagues of mine met him at the men's room, and he simply looked at them and started off what all materials he has collected and the rest that he needs to provide us...he was so involved in the conversation that he forgot where he was....and these poor guys had to stay in a place where they wouldnt stay for more than the required time...he expects us to display such volition when it comes to our class...We lazy people we would prefer spoon feeding rather than actually sitting and studying the books that he refers....
Can you believe it he remembers all lines of the books that he has read by heart...He quotes passages and passages of books...then tells us which book, which author and which year of publication...he doesnt go to the extent of telling us the page number...I wont be surprised if he knows that too...
Today was a very interesting moment...he mentioned - you people should work like the Toyota people, you should ask the question "Why" 5 times....and I simply burst out laughing...some of you would know "y"!!
He is gonna come this Saturday too...I cant miss the class...me gonna watch him this time carefully...further if I didnt share one guy in our class keeps a count of number of times our Prof uses the term "Paradigm" it was somewhere around 40 times in the last class....and I keep a note of the books that he has to refer in every class...."Good to Great - Jim Collins", "7/8 Habits of ....people- Stephen Covey", "Built to Last - Jim Collins and Porrass", "The Fifth Discipline - Peter Senge" ....there are more books but I dont remember them...
Ok one more thing....you ask the Prof for a break and he will say why do you need a break....lets continue...and when we insist he gives us a break but just for 5 minutes....today we took for more....he mentioned class please get back to your seats, for we have finished 7-8 minutes :D
He is 64 year old...thats what I was told...but he looks no more than 50!! He is so active that he walks to our class right on dot 6:44 PM and takes the marker and writes the name of the topic of discussion on the white board and off he starts at 6:45 PM. When he speaks, we can actually see the nerves of his neck....they stretch...maybe its the laryngeal nerves that are visible...every time he opens his mouth the nerves stretch and out comes his voice and then sometimes he ends his sentence - mostly facts with a grin sometimes "U" and sometimes as "inverted u" ...and then he takes this pauses with his eyes rolled up striking his favorite akimbo pose and with a slight shake of his head -A Kodak Moments should I say...these poses last for barely a few seconds and then he starts off rattling words and terms and words and all... Oh how can I forget his frown with his forehead having those wrinkled lines...
I dont mean any disrespect to him but he is simply amazing...the amount of volition he has....he has surpassed his self transcendental stage....dont ask me what all these words mean....these are being taught to us....I dont remember if I had shared this about him...a few colleagues of mine met him at the men's room, and he simply looked at them and started off what all materials he has collected and the rest that he needs to provide us...he was so involved in the conversation that he forgot where he was....and these poor guys had to stay in a place where they wouldnt stay for more than the required time...he expects us to display such volition when it comes to our class...We lazy people we would prefer spoon feeding rather than actually sitting and studying the books that he refers....
Can you believe it he remembers all lines of the books that he has read by heart...He quotes passages and passages of books...then tells us which book, which author and which year of publication...he doesnt go to the extent of telling us the page number...I wont be surprised if he knows that too...
Today was a very interesting moment...he mentioned - you people should work like the Toyota people, you should ask the question "Why" 5 times....and I simply burst out laughing...some of you would know "y"!!
He is gonna come this Saturday too...I cant miss the class...me gonna watch him this time carefully...further if I didnt share one guy in our class keeps a count of number of times our Prof uses the term "Paradigm" it was somewhere around 40 times in the last class....and I keep a note of the books that he has to refer in every class...."Good to Great - Jim Collins", "7/8 Habits of ....people- Stephen Covey", "Built to Last - Jim Collins and Porrass", "The Fifth Discipline - Peter Senge" ....there are more books but I dont remember them...
Ok one more thing....you ask the Prof for a break and he will say why do you need a break....lets continue...and when we insist he gives us a break but just for 5 minutes....today we took for more....he mentioned class please get back to your seats, for we have finished 7-8 minutes :D
Comments