TT # 36

I recently read this book by Andrew Harvey - One last mirror. One of amazing books...some quotes here which really touched me...
  1. There is nothing ordinary about life. We live in a field of great powers, extraordinary choices. Everything depends on what we think is at stake in life. 
  2. All my life I have done nothing but defend myself, explain myself, veil myself.
  3. I have nothing in my past to comfort me, nothing to feel proud of, no work to look back on with self-respect. I am afraid to look at myself.
  4. I shall come back on my own free will. I will never promise anything to you. There must be no promises between us. We do not need them. 
  5. Dont you want to love and be loved? Dont you want to find someone you can give yourself to and be received by?
  6. One thing that I understood about myself and my life - that I will destroy myself and everyone I love and who loves me If I live.
  7. The wicked do not live. They exist in a state of death; what they call life is a series of deaths.
  8. The only person you afraid of is yourself. That fear takes up so much time you have none left for anyone else.
  9. We are all destroyed in one way or another. Only parts of me are here, as only parts of you are here. Have you ever met anyone whole?
  10. I have lived with myself a long time. With my vanity, my capacity to betray all that was best in me and others. Because I have lived long enough to know that vanity and betrayal are normal, that human beings are unable to bear the weight of their deepest truths.
  11. Have you ever thought that someone else might not know what they feel? Not be able to reach immediately, like you, for their feelings?
  12. If you say you love me, you must love me as I am; If I love you, I must love you as you are.
  13. We have not yet found what we need for our lives. I am not ready to live with anyone. I cannot make anyone happy until I have found the springs of my own joy.

Comments

Hootin Anni said…
Excellent....I especially agree with #12

My 13 is HERE

[scroll down a bit to "Just the Facts Ma'am".
i beati said…
#13 is a life long struggle but so very true sandy
Clara said…
Some very thought provoking statements. I can see myself in many of them.

Mine is here.
orneryswife said…
Thank you for sharing. I used to relate to a lot of those things, but no more. Happy TT!!
tm
CountryDew said…
Some very powerful quotes there! Wow. Great TT.
Journeywoman said…
What great quotes. I might have to pick up the book.

Happy tt!
Unknown said…
Definitely thought provoking. Number 12 & 13 are spot on.

Happy Holidays!
I am Harriet said…
Those are some wonderful quotes :)

Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/do-you-work-huh.html
Unknown said…
Excellent selection of quotes, that makes it seem like a book worth looking into. I love books.
My TT is at the Library only today.

Popular posts from this blog

The second husband - Louise Candlish

# 06 FF

TT # 33