Its not about Bike

The Autobiography of Lance Armstrong is truly a moving book. It can easily be treated as a Inspiring and Influencing book. Life's mantra:
  1. "Your past forms you whether you like it or not."
  2. "Make every obstacle an opportunity."
  3. "Make every negative into a positive."
  4. "When people are unhappy they are not themselves."
  5. "Sometimes wind blew as if it were a personal friend, sometimes as if it were my bitter enemy, sometimes as if it were the hand of God pushing me along."
  6. "I've finally found the love of my life, the person who means everything in the world to me, and if anything takes that away now I will come unglued."
  7. "If you ever get a second chance in life for something you've got to go all the way."
  8. "The definition of courage is: the quality of spirit that enables one to encounter danger with firmness and without fear."

And here is an interesting poem that Harley Davidson chose to advertise their bikes, which Lance refers in the book...
Age
if I had my life to live over,
I´d try to make more mistakes next time
I would relax,
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I know of very few things I would take seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would take more trips.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically
and sanely and sensibly,
hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my moments and, if I had to do
it all over again, I´d have more of them.
In fact, I´d try to have nothing else, just
moments, one after another.
If I had my life to live over,
I´d start bare-footed earlier in the spring and stay that way
later in the fall.
I would play hooky more,
I would ride on more marry-go-rounds.
I´d pick more daisies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The second husband - Louise Candlish

# 06 FF

TT # 33