TT # 44
I am not sure what my contribution is but I have started and these are some of my ways to reduce the carbon footprints....please do share your too...
- Dont use washing machines and let clothes dry out in the sun / climate.
- Iron clothes together in bulk so that I use less power. I start with clothes that require maximum heat and then switch it off and iron the clothes that require less heat.
- I use only local produce of veggies and fruits
- I use cooking vessels that are energy efficient
- I cook once for the entire week and then use the preparation for my curries throughout the week
- I have to travel because of office work but then I try and reuse towels provided in room, turn off lights when not in use, keep the heater at low
- I have reduced polythene bags and even if I get them reuse them for garbage and now I throw my garbage alternate day to reduce use of polythene
- I use all energy efficient bulbs and have solar heater
- I reuse the envelopes and other pamphlets that I get for writing memos and grocery lists
- I live next to office and walk to work and seldom go out without any need to
- I don't have an AC even though during summers it goes up to 100F but I keep myself cool by covering the windows with old bedsheets make them slightly wet and then sit under the fan. I keep a small cubicle of perfume also....and it feels so heavenly :)
- I use a cloth duster in the kitchen and wash that once a week and then dispose it off after a couple of months instead of paper wipes
- I don't buy newspapers instead read it in the office.....community reading
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Comments
Good list!
Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/my-mother-taught-me-the-circle-of-life-and-so-much-more/
Sexy is never Vulgar