Worked-up

Yes me all worked up…..I am not sure why but I am a job hopper – I have changed as many companies as my years of experience. During interviewers I vouch on that job hopping has been a good approach but deep inside I know its been more damaging. I am not sure why this happens. But I haven’t been a year here and I want to move out yet again and then suddenly I realize that no one wants me coz of my past :(

It was all fine since I took up that job and the company shut down and then my downhill has started. I joined this big name with so many hopes and all and suddenly I found myself working there but no appraisals being done – reason I wasn’t put on one project, I worked in many projects and they said I did a good job but they cant give me promotion or hike as no appraisal done. I know its said – Karm Karo phal ki chinta mat karo” but I am not one of them.

And now here I will be completing my year in about 3 months, I am already worked up :( And most of the folks who joined with me has already left. And I am still here. Its been the most un-professional environment I have ever worked. Strange me call it so as If I have all the right in the world to do so….anyways I suddenly realized that I have learned nothing new here.

Looking back I joined started work had a team and then things were pulled out…they believe in skip leadership – I didn’t understand the problems when the other manager used to crib but now I do understand. Anyways I realize now that I haven’t done any work as such. You will find me in office from morning to night – yes I used to be in office at 8:30 and be back at 12. I still am sitting till 1 AM also. But in the entire day I work just for a couple of hours that’s it. Believe me. And since past month or so, in face when I look back since January I have been working for a couple of hours a week :) and this includes the meetings also. Even though the meetings are unproductive but I still account them as work coz my tag appears Busy In a meeting :) So what do I do – Me sit and play FB games, go around FB, plan for stupid travels, undertake the hard travels, and then get my health back into shape, and then travel a bit more :)

The team here is awful – they are all chamcha of our senior managers you speak a word and they tell it to the managers. I have been subject of many rumors. :( Now I hardly interact with anyone. And I can sit at my desk for hours long. It all started when I had sprained my foot and realized I could do so. And now I have to report to this nincompoop. Boy he says he is gonna do something but doesn’t do a thing. We need Office upgrade and he says he is working on it since a couple of months. There are other trivial things too but he keeps saying working on it. When my team needed a laptop I got them in a day. He has a Manager tag with him – believe me in this org tags speak louder, but he still working on it for others. A simple thing of changing the workstations and he comes and says there are issues and I cannot say why – Duh Entire team said we are not shifting and he just went out. Anyways I don’t blame him neither the others its just that me don’t fit with them. I tried but simply cant – I remembered this instance we started this Bday celebration as a team and I go and order cake and all but then they without informing collected the cake :( God knows they could have just told me they didn’t want me in there. Anyways me left office then. And now me hardly ever participate in their activities.

Funny people here had worked together earlier so most of them know each other for past 4-5 years but even then when someone is ill or there is an emergency they call me and then I have to take care :( This time my health gave up and I requested someone else to look after and viola no one did. Wow team  they can party together but not help :(Anyways me cannot say no so take care.

Back to work, the latest me have been offered a new role here and me still waiting for it to happen. And also best part is in my appraisal they said me a very good manager and then what they took away my team :( Anyways now me in a new role named very great but not given as yet. Till then me will be just sitting and sitting and blogging and reading books. I have been thinking its better for me to start reading and enhancing my knowledge so off I go and till I find the right job me gonna sit back and study and me gonna participate in forums and all. Forget the team here and work here my salary is coming and all I need is to master my skills so here I come good luck to me. I now will make Einstein’s words my mantra:
Success = A + B + C (Where A = work, B = Play, C = Keep your mouth shut)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The second husband - Louise Candlish

# 06 FF

TT # 33