Placing Friends
Friends with benefits and friends of convenience is the norm of the day. Gone are the times when friends were friends. Though some stronger bonds exist but not that prevalent. The bonds built on understanding, love, warmth all are gone.
People will be all drooling over you especially your work mates but once you leave nobody knows you. Why because they don't need you anymore. You cannot get them promotion, you cannot help them with their work you are now useless for them. The weekends when they crowded your place is gone. Now they crowd somewhere else.
Because I stay in your neighborhood I am your friend, when you go away I don't care. You are a contact on my whatsapp group where I share just forwards. Proximity defines friendship....distance depletes the friendship.
What will you accomplish by building network of friends for benefits / friends of convenience? If someone knows the answer let me know for I fail miserably to build this shallow form of friendships. They are just acquaintance and not friends.
On the other hand I love places. Places welcome you, if you don't like it move on....it treats everyone the same. It doesn't expect anything from me neither does it care about my expectations. It can be my friend If I love it and reciprocrate and it can be my enemy - depends on me.
So in my friend list, I place the Places first!
People will be all drooling over you especially your work mates but once you leave nobody knows you. Why because they don't need you anymore. You cannot get them promotion, you cannot help them with their work you are now useless for them. The weekends when they crowded your place is gone. Now they crowd somewhere else.
Because I stay in your neighborhood I am your friend, when you go away I don't care. You are a contact on my whatsapp group where I share just forwards. Proximity defines friendship....distance depletes the friendship.
What will you accomplish by building network of friends for benefits / friends of convenience? If someone knows the answer let me know for I fail miserably to build this shallow form of friendships. They are just acquaintance and not friends.
On the other hand I love places. Places welcome you, if you don't like it move on....it treats everyone the same. It doesn't expect anything from me neither does it care about my expectations. It can be my friend If I love it and reciprocrate and it can be my enemy - depends on me.
So in my friend list, I place the Places first!
Comments