Wish Upon a Star...
The sea and the shore seemed to be in one with her. She stood there as the waves deposited sand on her feet and then another wave washed it....motionless staring at the sky and at times glancing at her feet. The first waves that brought the sand came very quickly but the one that had to wash away the sand took a lot of time...she felt uncomfortable with the sand but didnt try to wriggle it away or step aside...she stood there rooted to the place. Although she appeared one with the serene surroudings her inner mind and heart were in turmoil and lashed and roared like the sea.
For a long time she stood there as I watched along with the millions of twinkling stars and the moon and strangely she never blinked.
I asked the stars whether she was wishing something and they said yes....she is wishing never to grant her the wishes she ever wishes. I couldnt believe, why?
She sat next to him as he drove the car. There played some music which maybe he listened and tried to make her hear but she was staring out of the wondow. At times he kept glancing at her, wanting to know whether she is enjoying, whether she is happy or whether she will say Yes, or whether she will tell whats in her mind and her heart. She never returned his glance. She spoke something...always started to say something but eventually said something else. It was getting late and he dropped her home and bid her bye. He turned the car towards his home and started humming a love song...He was happy though he never wanted the day to end. He wished upon the stars and was granted the wish. She would be his.
She walked back home and sat at the window also not wanting the day to end. She too hummed a song but just then her phone rang and shook her out of the reverie. She looked at the sky and pleadingly asked us to grant a wish - "Please dont let him ask that for I have to say something that I never want to but have to."
We were in a dilemma how to fulfill their wishes. We loved both of them equally and so we took the matter to the Moon. The Moon said lets grant both of them their wishes.
When the story ended I turned my attention towards her but she was seen nowhere, I looked all around but I couldnt find her anywhere.
Disappointed, I walked back home wondering where she went. I was about to cross the road and when the lights turned green for me, I saw a car stop next to me. There she sat staring towards the road and he with his eyes too fixed on the road ahead. Neither spoke but stood still in the car. I stood still for a while looking at her and him and then crossed the road. When I reached the other end, I saw both their car moving ahead going towards their respective destinations. I wanted to wish but when I looked towards the stars, they seem to warn and remind me to think before I wished. I simply walked off without making any wish.
For a long time she stood there as I watched along with the millions of twinkling stars and the moon and strangely she never blinked.
I asked the stars whether she was wishing something and they said yes....she is wishing never to grant her the wishes she ever wishes. I couldnt believe, why?
She sat next to him as he drove the car. There played some music which maybe he listened and tried to make her hear but she was staring out of the wondow. At times he kept glancing at her, wanting to know whether she is enjoying, whether she is happy or whether she will say Yes, or whether she will tell whats in her mind and her heart. She never returned his glance. She spoke something...always started to say something but eventually said something else. It was getting late and he dropped her home and bid her bye. He turned the car towards his home and started humming a love song...He was happy though he never wanted the day to end. He wished upon the stars and was granted the wish. She would be his.
She walked back home and sat at the window also not wanting the day to end. She too hummed a song but just then her phone rang and shook her out of the reverie. She looked at the sky and pleadingly asked us to grant a wish - "Please dont let him ask that for I have to say something that I never want to but have to."
We were in a dilemma how to fulfill their wishes. We loved both of them equally and so we took the matter to the Moon. The Moon said lets grant both of them their wishes.
When the story ended I turned my attention towards her but she was seen nowhere, I looked all around but I couldnt find her anywhere.
Disappointed, I walked back home wondering where she went. I was about to cross the road and when the lights turned green for me, I saw a car stop next to me. There she sat staring towards the road and he with his eyes too fixed on the road ahead. Neither spoke but stood still in the car. I stood still for a while looking at her and him and then crossed the road. When I reached the other end, I saw both their car moving ahead going towards their respective destinations. I wanted to wish but when I looked towards the stars, they seem to warn and remind me to think before I wished. I simply walked off without making any wish.
Comments