Chak De Miracle in Desi-istyle

Well once the movie started, it had the glimpses of the movie Miracle in there (I had watched this one in my movie watching spree) - the ice hockey players from different states of US learn to work as a team and belong to the one US team - the Indian Hockey Gals team with gals from different states all too learn to call themselves the INDIAN TEAM and how these underdogs prove their mettle.

I had thoroughly enjoyed the movie Miracle and here was watching the Desi version in Bollywood-istyle. Oh Kurt Russel as the coach was amazing. But SRK also wasnt bad either in the Desi version. Actually is pretty good.

Although the movie Miracle was much more realistic and the training scenes were hard and cold and the process of how they unified under a common banner to play as a team - the US Team. At some point of time, the movie Chak De slacked. Anyways me shouldn't be comparing both the movie but some of the scenes (the camera shots) and dialogues were directly lifted that I cant help but comparing :-(

Anyways now for some more info on Chak De. The makers of the movie took a direct hit against the cricketers and the cricket mania :D Nice punchy sarcastic lines sprinkled in the movie :D

The best thing I liked was the issue they took about the North Eastern States people. In India we call them outsiders and treat them as foreigners - in their own country. We label them as Nepalese, Chinese.... Sad. I liked when they took up the issue. But I hope it has hit right note and we might see change.

All in all watch it if you havent watched Miracle. Even if you have watched then too watch it atleast once!! :D

Comments

viju said…
at first i wasn’t go well with the movie as it takes on many sensitive topics like muslim identity in india & hockey fed working style without much research but still its one gud break for bollywood audience where most movies are full of love and lust :) We need more such movies which talk more abt our nation and our national sprit...
lets say with entire nation.. Chak de India !!
Prem said…
yep....I guess it was a idea from Miracle and a real life of one of the hockey players right?
it definitely does give a good message on the players and aspiring players to play for India and not for the state!!!
All in all a movie to watch :)
Rims said…
Yeah VK, I agree with you the movie did touch upon sensitive issues but maintaining the sensitivity and thats the reason why its a class apart from the other movies.

Thanks for dropping!
Rims said…
Hey Prem, Miracle was based on a coach Brooks, I think was his name, whom Kurt Russel played. I am not sure about Chak De though.
Yeah it does make one feel proud to be an Indian.

Thanks for dropping by!

Popular posts from this blog

The second husband - Louise Candlish

# 06 FF

TT # 33